This week, The Daily Show continued it’s parade of second-rate talent since A-list talent (rightfully) won’t cross a picket line to appear on the show. CNN’s personal finance editor Gerri Willis was on to: “decipher the gibberish that can be heard on other financial programs.” But she was the one spitting gibberish. After reviewing a CNBC Fast Money clip where the trader/correspondent said: “The Dow opened down 500 points, this was a great opportunity to cover those shorts and take a shot on the long side,” she said that was gibberish and Jon Stewart didn’t challenge her . To borrow a Bill Clinton-to-the-media comment from the week: Shame on you Jon Stewart.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Initial Jobless Claims Remain low.
- Refi Mortgage Applications Remain Strong.
- Housing Starts up Slightly
- Home Builder Confidence Falls Slightly.
- Friday Funk: Mothership Connection
- Fed Getting its Desired > 2.0% Core CPI.
- Great News for Fans of Inflation.
- Purchase Applications Flat.
- Job Openings down