About 15 months ago actor Kal Penn joined the White House Office of Public Engagement, and 2 months ago he returned to Hollywood to make a third installment of the “Harold & Kumar” cult-favorite stoner movie series. In the last installment of the movie, Penn’s character Kumar smoked a joint with George W. Bush. And below is the last installment of Penn’s White House duties: a financial reform consumer ‘education’ video voiced by Penn … which raises the question: Is the Obama administration high? Politicians brag about how smart our country is, but this is what they really think about The American People’s ability to understand market basics.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Inflation Remains well Contained.
- Housing Starts down. Purchase Applications Spike.
- Wholesale Prices up Slightly.
- Manufacturing up Slightly.
- Import/Export Prices Continue Lower.
- Jobs Market Still Healthy.
- Purchase Applications -11.0% from a Year ago.
- Some Encouraging Signs in BLS.
- Jobless Claims low but Payroll/Population down.
- Flat Fundamentals.