About 15 months ago actor Kal Penn joined the White House Office of Public Engagement, and 2 months ago he returned to Hollywood to make a third installment of the “Harold & Kumar” cult-favorite stoner movie series. In the last installment of the movie, Penn’s character Kumar smoked a joint with George W. Bush. And below is the last installment of Penn’s White House duties: a financial reform consumer ‘education’ video voiced by Penn … which raises the question: Is the Obama administration high? Politicians brag about how smart our country is, but this is what they really think about The American People’s ability to understand market basics.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- People Making more but not Spending more.
- GDP Growth Anemic at +0.5%.
- Housing Slowing?
- Durable Goods Orders Recover some of Previous Loss.
- New Home Sales Remain Weak.
- John Oliver On Credit Reports
- Manufacturing Flattens.
- FHFA Home Price Index +5.6% year/year.
- Existing Home Sales Recover Some of February Loss.
- More Weak Fundamentals.