About 15 months ago actor Kal Penn joined the White House Office of Public Engagement, and 2 months ago he returned to Hollywood to make a third installment of the “Harold & Kumar” cult-favorite stoner movie series. In the last installment of the movie, Penn’s character Kumar smoked a joint with George W. Bush. And below is the last installment of Penn’s White House duties: a financial reform consumer ‘education’ video voiced by Penn … which raises the question: Is the Obama administration high? Politicians brag about how smart our country is, but this is what they really think about The American People’s ability to understand market basics.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Purchase Mortgage Applications Indicate Flat Housing.
- Fundamentals Mixed with no Clear Signs.
- Fundamentals Indicate Sluggish Growth.
- Mortgages, Who Needs Them?
- Housing Starts up Nicely but…
- Housing Still Soft.
- Initial Claims & Inflation Remain Low.
- Signs of Weak GDP.
- More Weakness in Jobs Market?
- Fed’s Labor Market Index Weakens.