About 15 months ago actor Kal Penn joined the White House Office of Public Engagement, and 2 months ago he returned to Hollywood to make a third installment of the “Harold & Kumar” cult-favorite stoner movie series. In the last installment of the movie, Penn’s character Kumar smoked a joint with George W. Bush. And below is the last installment of Penn’s White House duties: a financial reform consumer ‘education’ video voiced by Penn … which raises the question: Is the Obama administration high? Politicians brag about how smart our country is, but this is what they really think about The American People’s ability to understand market basics.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Mixed Bag: Durables down, Consumer Confidence up.
- Modestly Positive Week for Housing Fundamantals.
- Home Prices up.
- Wild Swings in Mortgage Applications.
- Homebuilders Positive.
- Weak Retail Sales.
- Pre-BLS Jobs Data.
- Housing Remains Soft. Trade Deficit down.
- Fundamentals Weaker. Treasuries Rally on Uncertainty.
- Modest Supply Side Softness