About 15 months ago actor Kal Penn joined the White House Office of Public Engagement, and 2 months ago he returned to Hollywood to make a third installment of the “Harold & Kumar” cult-favorite stoner movie series. In the last installment of the movie, Penn’s character Kumar smoked a joint with George W. Bush. And below is the last installment of Penn’s White House duties: a financial reform consumer ‘education’ video voiced by Penn … which raises the question: Is the Obama administration high? Politicians brag about how smart our country is, but this is what they really think about The American People’s ability to understand market basics.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- GDP Components up. Inflation Contained.
- Initial Jobless at 2 month High but still Are Low.
- Mortgage Applications and Wholesale Inventories Weak.
- Job Openings Plateau but Still Strong.
- Inside the BLS Employment Situation Report
- Another Disappointing Jobs Report.
- Signs of Modest Jobs Growth.
- Purchase Mortgage Applications Remain Weak.
- Manufacturing, Construction Spending up.
- Personal Income up, Spending down.