I’m behind on blogging to start this week (thankfully because I’ve had a surge of holiday homebuyers) so I went to the same place I did last year to get my holiday shopping rundown, and Retail Traffic Magazine didn’t disappoint. Associate editor Elaine Misonzhnik wrote a great roundup of holiday shopping news and links so far, here it is: Black Friday Sets Sales Record
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Existing Home Sales up.
- Purchase Market Remains Soft.
- Inflation (and just about everything else) Contained
- Homebuilder Confidence Increases.
- Inflation Contained.
- Jobless Claims up but still low.
- Weak Jobs/Regulation Hurting Housing
- Job Openings up.
- 1stQ2014 Unit Labor Cost Revised Sharply upwards.
- Initial Jobless Claims at 8-year Low.