I’m behind on blogging to start this week (thankfully because I’ve had a surge of holiday homebuyers) so I went to the same place I did last year to get my holiday shopping rundown, and Retail Traffic Magazine didn’t disappoint. Associate editor Elaine Misonzhnik wrote a great roundup of holiday shopping news and links so far, here it is: Black Friday Sets Sales Record
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Employment Cost Flattens.
- GDP +2.3% is Weak.
- Housing Market Softer?
- Retail muted, Consumer Confidence down.
- DGO Recover but down Year/Year.
- New Home Sales down.
- Initial Jobless Lowest in 42 Years.
- Existing Home Sales Highest since February 2007.
- Consumer Spending Remains Soft.
- Greece’s Problem is Kleptocracy.