I’m behind on blogging to start this week (thankfully because I’ve had a surge of holiday homebuyers) so I went to the same place I did last year to get my holiday shopping rundown, and Retail Traffic Magazine didn’t disappoint. Associate editor Elaine Misonzhnik wrote a great roundup of holiday shopping news and links so far, here it is: Black Friday Sets Sales Record
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Inflation Remains well Contained.
- Housing Starts down. Purchase Applications Spike.
- Wholesale Prices up Slightly.
- Manufacturing up Slightly.
- Import/Export Prices Continue Lower.
- Jobs Market Still Healthy.
- Purchase Applications -11.0% from a Year ago.
- Some Encouraging Signs in BLS.
- Jobless Claims low but Payroll/Population down.
- Flat Fundamentals.