I’m behind on blogging to start this week (thankfully because I’ve had a surge of holiday homebuyers) so I went to the same place I did last year to get my holiday shopping rundown, and Retail Traffic Magazine didn’t disappoint. Associate editor Elaine Misonzhnik wrote a great roundup of holiday shopping news and links so far, here it is: Black Friday Sets Sales Record
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- GDP down but Consumer Component Strong.
- Initial Jobless Claims at 15 year Low.
- MBA Applications Flat.
- Mixed Bag: Durables down, Consumer Confidence up.
- Modestly Positive Week for Housing Fundamantals.
- Home Prices up.
- Wild Swings in Mortgage Applications.
- Homebuilders Positive.
- Weak Retail Sales.
- Pre-BLS Jobs Data.