I’m behind on blogging to start this week (thankfully because I’ve had a surge of holiday homebuyers) so I went to the same place I did last year to get my holiday shopping rundown, and Retail Traffic Magazine didn’t disappoint. Associate editor Elaine Misonzhnik wrote a great roundup of holiday shopping news and links so far, here it is: Black Friday Sets Sales Record
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Existing Home Sales up.
- Housing Starts down but SFR Starts up.
- Inflation Rises. Shelter 3.4% and Medical Care 4.8%.
- Manufacturing Flat, at best.
- Retail Sales Pick up.
- Initial Jobless Claims Remain low but…
- Job Openings down.
- Labor Market Conditions Index Falls again.
- Another Weak Jobs Report.
- Initial Jobless Claims Remain low.