I’m behind on blogging to start this week (thankfully because I’ve had a surge of holiday homebuyers) so I went to the same place I did last year to get my holiday shopping rundown, and Retail Traffic Magazine didn’t disappoint. Associate editor Elaine Misonzhnik wrote a great roundup of holiday shopping news and links so far, here it is: Black Friday Sets Sales Record
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Home Prices up. Home Sales Flat.
- Leading Indicators Positive for Economy
- Jobless Claims Remain Low.
- Housing Starts up but Still at Low Level
- Inflation up. Chain Store Sales down.
- Retail Sales up.
- Lowest Initial Jobless since May 2007
- Purchase Applications up week/week but down year/year.
- Encouraging Fundamentals
- Inside the BLS Employment Situation Report