S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Index (December 2012)
- 20-city Month/Month (seasonally adjusted) 0.9%
- 20-city Month/Month (not seasonally adjusted) 0.2%
- 20-city Year/Year (not seasonally adjusted) 6.8%
- This data looks positive but keep in mind that this is December data and last week’s NAR Existing Home Sales Report showed that the median price in January fell $6,600.
- Full report here and charts below
New Home Sales (January 2012)
- New Home Sales (seasonally adjusted, annualized) 473,000, up 15.6%
- Previous was 378,000 and expectations were for 380,000
- Supply decreased down to 4.1 months. Below 6 months is a normal market and record high was 12.1 months of supply in January 2009.
- Median sales price +2.1% to $226,400
- A strong report all around
FHFA Home Price Index (December 2012)
- Month/Month +0.6%
- Year/Year +5.8%
- These are sales of single-family homes purchased with FNMA or FHLMC loans.
- Full report here and chart below
Chain Store Sales (week ended 2/23/ 2013)
- Store Sales – Week/Week 0.1%. Previous was +2.7%
- Store Sales – Year/Year 2.9%. Previous was +1.8%.
Store Sales Year/Year +2.7 %. Previous was 3.1%.
Consumer Confidence (February 2013)
Consumer Confidence Level 69.6. Previous was 58.4.
Richmond Federal Reserve Manufacturing Index (February 2013)
- Level change is +6. Previous was -12.