This news is an interesting move but both the CoreLogic home price report and the Case Shiller home price report will remain the same and published on the same schedules. They’ll just be under one roof now. See link below for the 8 major home price reports followed by Wall Street. I’ll publish updates next week as most of these reports get revised for the new month.
CoreLogic recently announced that Case-Shiller® joined CoreLogic. This addition to the CoreLogic property valuation and trends suite of solutions strengthens the comprehensive, industry-leading data, analytics, and services available to our clients.
The CoreLogic Case-Shiller Indexes include:
– Over 6,000 indexes covering states, counties, metros and ZIP codes across the US
– 30 year home price forecasts for all indexes
– Custom Index set for Standard & Poor’s indexes
CoreLogic Case-Shiller Indexes help securities investors, mortgage banks, servicing operations, and government agencies make property valuations, assess and manage risk, mitigate losses, and control appraisal quality. They include the CoreLogic Case-Shiller Home Price Indexes, Default Correction Factors, and Home Price Forecasts—which allow you to:
– Track residential real estate trends
– Manage price risk within specific U.S. markets
– Value loan portfolio collateral
– Estimate default probabilities and loss severity within specific markets
– Determine firm capital sufficiency
As a compliment to CoreLogic Case-Shiller Indexes, we offer a number of ancillary advisory services, market research information, and delivery capabilities.