ADP Private Jobs (February 2013)
– Private Jobs were +198,000.
– Previous was revised upward by 23,000 to +215,000.
– This would seem to indicate a BLS report a bit higher than it was last month (+157,000). Jobs are still being added barely above the rate needed to keep the labor participation rate constant with a growing population.
– Here’s the full February ADP report, and below are a couple select charts, including one that compares ADP jobs data to the official BLS jobs data. The BLS jobs report is Friday.
MBA Mortgage Applications (week ended 3/1/2013)
– Purchase Index Week/Week +15.0%. Previous was -5.0%
– Refinance Index Week/Week +15.0%. Previous was -3.0%
– Composite Index Week/Week +14.8% Previous was -3.8%.
– These solid gains come after 3 weeks of declines.
Factory Orders (January 2013)
– Factory Orders Month/Month -2.0%. Previous was +1.3 (revised.)