Below is various jobs data released today, providing hope that tomorrow’s June BLS jobs report will deliver something better than the miserable results of the past three months. Rates are steady at record lows on today’s jobs data.
ADP Jobs Report
– ADP private Jobs (June 2012) +176,000.
– This is better than the two previous months.
Initial Jobless Claims (week ended 6/30/2012)
– New Claims 374,000. Down from previous (revised) 388,000.
– 4-Week moving Average 387,750.
Challenger Job Cuts
– Challenger Announced Job Cuts for June were 37,551
– Down from previous month’s 61,887.
Good reads ahead of tomorrow’s BLS Jobs report
– Meet the guy who’s been nailing BLS jobs predictions (BusinessInsider)
– Employment Situation Preview (CalculatedRisk)
MBA Mortgage Applications (week ended 6/29/2012)
– Purchase Index, Week/Week +1.0%
– Refinance Index, Week/Week -8.0%
– Composite Index, Week/Week -6.7%
– The +1% in purchases does not make up for the losses of the previous two weeks.