My friend Dan Green with Homebuyer.com, a mortgage lender that pays special attention to first-time home buyers, has always been strong on educating folks about the mortgage world.
He keeps close track of government programs that help first-time homebuyers, and since the midterms have redetermined House and Senate leadership, he’s updated 8 key programs with Congress – plus the FHFA First-Time Home Buyer Mortgage Rate Discount which is already in effect. This is a great video, and covers:
– First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit Act
– Downpayment Toward Equity Act
– Uplifting First-Time Homebuyers Act
– First-Time Homebuyer Refundable Credit
– First Generation Down Payment Assistance
– Build Back Better Act
– Low-Income First Time Home Buyer Act (LIFT)
– Transforming Student Debt Into Home Equity Act
Please reach out if you have any questions.
Now that the mid-terms are over, here's the latest on all key first-time buyer programs working through Congress.
Check It Out: