Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Weak Private Jobs. Weak Supply Side.
- Consumer Spending Flat
- Some Positve Fundamentals Today.
- 4thQ2013 GDP Revised Down.
- Durable Goods Orders Mixed. Jobless Claims up.
- Housing Problems May Be Systemic
- Home Prices up. Other Fundamentals Weak.
- Flat Economy.
- The Real Problem with Job Creation.
- Housing Hurting.