Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- New Home Sales down.
- Initial Jobless Lowest in 42 Years.
- Existing Home Sales Highest since February 2007.
- Consumer Spending Remains Soft.
- Greece’s Problem is Kleptocracy.
- Housing Starts up while SFR Starts Fall.
- Flat Fundamentals.
- Data and Fed not on Same Page.
- Retail Sales Drop bad for 2ndQ GDP
- Inventories (a GDP component) pick up.