Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Fundamentals Mixed.
- Existing Home Sales up.
- Housing Starts down but SFR Starts up.
- Inflation Rises. Shelter 3.4% and Medical Care 4.8%.
- Manufacturing Flat, at best.
- Retail Sales Pick up.
- Initial Jobless Claims Remain low but…
- Job Openings down.
- Labor Market Conditions Index Falls again.
- Another Weak Jobs Report.