Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Leading Economic Indicators Improve.
- Housing Data Paints no Clear Picture.
- Inflation on target.
- The Empire Shrinks.
- Is Debt Hurting Economic Growth?
- Soon We May be Calling this the Deflation Report.
- Job Openings Keep Increasing.
- Mortgage Applications Flat
- Decreasing Commodity Prices Impact Imports/Exports
- Labor Market Stronger.