Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Initial Jobless Claims Remain low.
- Refi Mortgage Applications Remain Strong.
- Housing Starts up Slightly
- Home Builder Confidence Falls Slightly.
- Friday Funk: Mothership Connection
- Fed Getting its Desired > 2.0% Core CPI.
- Great News for Fans of Inflation.
- Purchase Applications Flat.
- Job Openings down