Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- New Home Sales up.
- Does Deficit Spending Reduce GDP Growth?
- Jobless Claims Remain low.
- Purchase Applications down again.
- Housing Start up but Single-family lowest since September 2015.
- Home Builders Remain Confident.
- July Retail Sales Weak.
- Initial Jobless Claims Remain low,
- A Slow Summer for Purchase Applications,
- Worker Productivity down for 3rd Consecutive quarter.