Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Durable Goods Orders Recover some of Previous Loss.
- New Home Sales Remain Weak.
- John Oliver On Credit Reports
- Manufacturing Flattens.
- FHFA Home Price Index +5.6% year/year.
- Existing Home Sales Recover Some of February Loss.
- More Weak Fundamentals.
- Homebuilders See Modest Growth.
- Industrial Production/ Manufacturing down.
- Jobless Claims at Lowest since 1973 but GDP Going Nowhere.