Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Industrial Production could Reflect Retooloing.
- GDP Components up. Inflation Contained.
- Initial Jobless at 2 month High but still Are Low.
- Mortgage Applications and Wholesale Inventories Weak.
- Job Openings Plateau but Still Strong.
- Inside the BLS Employment Situation Report
- Another Disappointing Jobs Report.
- Signs of Modest Jobs Growth.
- Purchase Mortgage Applications Remain Weak.
- Manufacturing, Construction Spending up.