Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Consumer Spending Flat.
- 1stQ2015 GDP -0.7%
- Initial Jobless Claims Remain Low.
- Purchase Mortgage Applications Indicate Flat Housing.
- Fundamentals Mixed with no Clear Signs.
- Fundamentals Indicate Sluggish Growth.
- Mortgages, Who Needs Them?
- Housing Starts up Nicely but…
- Housing Still Soft.
- Initial Claims & Inflation Remain Low.