Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Inside the BLS Employment Situation Report
- Mediocre BLS Contains an Excuse to Taper
- 3rdQ2013 GDP Fattened by Inventory Growth.
- Conflicting Data on Housing and Jobs.
- Weak Start to Christmas Shopping Season?
- Manufacturing up, Construction flat.
- Positive Fundamentals for Thanksgiving
- More Renters?
- Pending Sales of Existing Homes down.
- What to be Watching.