Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Inside Dismal (+83,000) September BLS.
- Weak BLS Employment Situation Report
- Manufacturing Growth Slows with World Economy.
- Private Jobs Continue Rising.
- Consumer Confidence Strong. Home Prices down Slightly.
- Pending Home Sales down.
- 2ndQ2015 GDP Shows Respectable Gain.
- Mixed Messages.
- Mortgage Applications up.
- Is the Federal Reserve no Longer in Control of Interest Rates?