Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Purchase Applications up.
- Home Price Gains slow.
- Regulations, Lack of Well-paying jobs Keep Housing Starts Low.
- Existing Home Sales up.
- Purchase Market Remains Soft.
- Inflation (and just about everything else) Contained
- Homebuilder Confidence Increases.
- Inflation Contained.
- Jobless Claims up but still low.
- Weak Jobs/Regulation Hurting Housing