Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Jobless Claims Remain Low.
- Housing Starts up but Still at Low Level
- Inflation up. Chain Store Sales down.
- Retail Sales up.
- Lowest Initial Jobless since May 2007
- Purchase Applications up week/week but down year/year.
- Encouraging Fundamentals
- Inside the BLS Employment Situation Report
- Modest Improvement in Jobs.
- Jobless Claims low but Employment/Population Ratio Falls.