Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Jobs Market Healthy. Manufacturing Softer.
- Mortgage Applications up. Durable Goods down.
- Core Inflation Contained.
- Signs of Miserable 1stQ2025 GDP?
- Jobs Healthy. Rest of Economy Flat.
- What Yellen Should Say.
- Housing Starts down.
- Manufacturing Weakens.
- Wholesale Prices Fall after January Record Drop.
- Fundamentals Indicate Weak 1stQ GDP.