Here’s an updated chart showing new rate lows touched briefly in the past week. As of today, the 2011 average rate for single family home loans to $417k is 4.54% with 0.7 points—this is the number in the 2011 bar. The record low is also shown below the chart. CLICK CHART TO ENLARGE.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- New Home Sales at Highest Level since 2008.
- Supply Side Sluggish.
- Existing Home Sales up.
- Fundamentals Modestly Positive.
- Drop in Purchase Mortgage Applications.
- Housing Starts/Industrial Production up but Still Weak.
- Housing Market Index Shows Continued Growth.
- Retail Sales Show Sign of Recovering.
- Initial Jobless Claims up.
- Purchase Applications up Slightly.