Today’s Originations linkfest: handpicked mortgage and housing news you need to know.
– BofA’s retreat from mortgages couldn’t have come a a worse time. Can they step back in and recover now? (Shayndi Raice, Nick Timiraos, Dan Fitzpatrick – WSJ)
– Homebuilder confidence stalls after 8mo run due to uncertainty in Washington (Diana Olick, CNBC)
– U.S. Housing Recovery Saving 8m Underwater Homeowners (Heather Perlberg, Bloomberg)
– California Housing Inventory Disappears Into Sunset (Dr. Housing Bubble)
– These Two Politicians Are In Charge of Mortgage Finance. Should We Be Afraid? (Cheyenne Hopkins, Bloomberg)
– How to tune out noise and focus on things that matter (Barry Ritholtz, The Big Picture)