The Bureau of Labor Statistics has made some nice upgrades to their jobs report highlights. Always makes me laugh that “drinking places” is an official government stat. Interesting too: January marks 35 consecutive months without a job loss in this industry. Food services and drinking places recovered all the jobs it lost in the most recent recession, and employment is now 441,000 above its most recent peak reached in December 2007. Prohibition be damned. Booze and other vices obviously help the economy.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Lots of Data, no Underlying Theme.
- GDP Remains Mediocre.
- Existing Home Sales Slow.
- Leading Economic Indicators Improve.
- Housing Data Paints no Clear Picture.
- Inflation on target.
- The Empire Shrinks.
- Is Debt Hurting Economic Growth?
- Soon We May be Calling this the Deflation Report.
- Job Openings Keep Increasing.