The Bureau of Labor Statistics has made some nice upgrades to their jobs report highlights. Always makes me laugh that “drinking places” is an official government stat. Interesting too: January marks 35 consecutive months without a job loss in this industry. Food services and drinking places recovered all the jobs it lost in the most recent recession, and employment is now 441,000 above its most recent peak reached in December 2007. Prohibition be damned. Booze and other vices obviously help the economy.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Another Weak Jobs Report.
- Manufacturing and Construction Spending up.
- Pending Home Sales down.
- 3rdQ2016 GDP +3.2%
- The Basis Point Turns 9 Today
- Stronger Dollar Makes Achieving Smaller Deficit Akin To Swimming Upstream
- How To Write A Bestselling Self Help Book
- Excerpts from My ENTJ Myers Briggs Assessment
- Strong Fundamentals today.
- Positive Fundamentals today.