The Bureau of Labor Statistics has made some nice upgrades to their jobs report highlights. Always makes me laugh that “drinking places” is an official government stat. Interesting too: January marks 35 consecutive months without a job loss in this industry. Food services and drinking places recovered all the jobs it lost in the most recent recession, and employment is now 441,000 above its most recent peak reached in December 2007. Prohibition be damned. Booze and other vices obviously help the economy.
The Basis Point is a mortgage and housing blog for consumers, investors, and industry pros. Topics range from rate markets, regulation, and technology to workplace, family, and pop culture. More...
- Cloudy Picture of Housing.
- Healthy Gain in New Home Sales.
- Oil Business Rising from Dead?
- Some Supply Side Strength.
- Initial Jobless Claims Remain low.
- Refi Mortgage Applications Remain Strong.
- Housing Starts up Slightly
- Home Builder Confidence Falls Slightly.
- Friday Funk: Mothership Connection