NAHB Housing Market Index (January 2016)
– Housing Market Index 60, down slightly from December’s 61 reading.
– This National Association of Homebuilders index measures homebuilder confidence, and is a leading indicator for Housing Starts which haven’t fully recovered since 2007.
– This index measures three things: actual sales of new homes, expected sale in the next 6 months, and traffic of prospective buyers at open houses.
– 50 is dividing line between positive and negative sentiment, so while January dropped one point, confidence is still healthy.
– Below is table from 1985 to PRESENT