Friday Funk: Move Fast
The Basis Point Friday Funk installment 114 is Move Fast from Galactic’s 2012 Carnival Electricos album. Life and work (and bank runs/failures!) indeed move fast, and I offer this song to help us see in slow motion to appreciate and/or make the most of moments that blaze past.
Talk slow, move fast, look before you jump is how Mystikal raps it.
I love when Galactic works with MCs like on this song. They took the New Orleans funk torch from The Meters awhile back, carry it with respect, and mix in all styles, collaborating with artists in and out of funk. Galactic became a fave back around 2000 when I saw Lyrics Born rap over their set at a Chicago show that fkn blew my mind.
Then at last Friday’s Fillmore show here in San Francisco, The Meters bassist George Porter, Jr. played with them and it was beyond special for the band and all of us in the audience.
Our styles, preferences, and alliances will always move fast daily, weekly. But Friday Funk is to help you get your cool back. Slow down to Move Fast, and check the details in Dennis’ artwork.
Galactic Move Fast – Play It Now
While adding more Galactic Friday Funk links below, I realized they’re by far our most featured artist among the first 114 installments.
– If you like Friday Funk, here’s full Spotify playlist and Friday Funk archives.
– If you don’t like Friday Funk, please consult our music policy.
– More Friday Funk Galactic picks: Bittersweet, Poison Pushy, The Beast, Gypsy Fade, Everybody Wants Some, You Don’t Know, Already
– Me and my wife saw Galactic at The Fillmore last Friday. Here’s a live shot. Yes, that’s George Porter, Jr. from The Meters on the right. Legendary show.
– And Fillmore SF gives out posters for every show, and this was the poster.